Building a three classroom block
- Accommodation and food: 0.00 Euro
- Transportation: 0.00 Euro
- Activities: 0.00 Euro
- Hosting organisation support: 250 Euro
Description: The work camp will take place in an eco-village (Dzolo-Gbogame) which is situated in the western part of the Capital of HO in the Volta region of Ghana. That is surrounded by mountains. The projects purpose is to provide more space for the students of the Dzolo-Gbogame primary & Secondary school. This is due to increase in student population. The project is also aiming to expose volunteers and local community to people from different cultural, religious, geographical background together. In so doing provide the opportunity for all to develop a greater understanding of diversity.
Type of Work: - Physically fit for manual work
- Collaborate with other volunteers
- Assist masons and carpenters Volunteers are going to be involved at the project for at least 4 hours a day, from 7:30 to 12pm or/and 2pm to 6pm. Working during the weekends is optional and the volunteers are then free to do what they want during those 2 days, e.g. by doing short trips (travels). But it is always important to communicate with the project's manager about the program.
Accommodation: Volunteers will stay in school buildings (classrooms) equipped with electricity and simple toilets facilities.
Approximate Location: Dzolo-Gbogame, Ho-West, Volta Region