Agroecology and environmental education in the Valley of the river Cérvol
Description: La Pastora is a cooperative work project that focuses its activity on environmental education, ecotourism and rural development.
Type of Work: 1. Agroecology tasks
- Preparation of unused benches for fall crops
- Maximize the fertility of the soil using compost
- Prepare high terraces or ponies, facilitating the correct development of the roots and avoiding water accumulation
- Install a drip irrigation system
Maintenance of summer crops
- Guard crops such as tomatoes
- Use homemade pests
- Sow and plant
Maintenance of dry stone structures
Rehabilitation of the old farmhouse
Three professionals will come: one to present the basic techniques of dry stone and another two to present the basic techniques of bioconstruction.
Study Theme: Topics we would like to address:
- The abandonment of the rural and natural environment.
- The model of agro-ecological production against the conventional production model.
- Education as a tool for social transformation.
- Consumption as a tool for social transformation.
Accommodation: The participants will be hosted in the Albergue La Pastora. There are two dormitories of 8 beds (4 bunk beds) and each room has its own bathroom.
Approximate Location: Vallibona, Castelló