Detalji o kampu
Youth nature protection gathering Ökotopia (Vaumarcus NE)
Opis: Ökotopia is a national encounter of young people interested in nature and its protection. In the camp will be around 14 groups of children from the age of 8 years and young adults, which are responsible for the younger ones. The groups come from all over Switzerland. The gathering which is organized by Pro Natura, will take place in Vaumarcus, near Neuchâtel, from the 19. May till the 21. May. Pro Natura (NGO) is a preservation organization in Switzerland. The theme of the camp is “Building bridges for the ermine”. The children and young adults will spend their time playing, doing sports, hiking, singing and doing creative things. And the central theme will be the ermine (Animal of the Year), its natural habitat and how we as humans can create a landscape for the ermine to live in.
Vrsta posla: The work of the SCI volunteers will be very divers. The program will be:
- May: Arrival of SCI volunteers.
- May: You get to know each other and help the organization team prepare the houses and the location for the event.
- May: During the event you will be working in the background. Depending on your skills you will help in the kitchen, take photographs or take different responsibilities such as coordinate the trash-system. Further you will take part in the activities with the children (like hiking, doing sports, working in the field).
- May: Packing and saying good bye. The last day, those volunteers who can will still be helping the team to pack and clean up after the big event in the morning. If you already have to leave earlier that day this is possible.
Studijska tema. Around 280 people from all over Switzerland and the volunteers will gather together. So you will be facing the challenges of organising a big event and also experience the joy of being part of a big community. The topics will be multicultural communication and cultural differences (between the Swiss people and the international volunteers among themselves). Further the volunteers will also get to know the organization Pro Natura and learn about nature preservation in Switzerland.
Smeštaj: The workcamp will take place in Vaumarcus, where there are several houses.
- Mattresses, toilet and shower are provided
- You should bring your own Sleeping-bag
- There's no washing machine and no internet
- Two cooks will be cooking for everyone. Therefore the food is provided. The food will be vegetarian. Depending on the amount of work in the end you might go to visit the regional nature protection centre in Yverdon-les-Bains and stay there overnight. So please do not book tickets for the travel within Switzerland for the trip back beforehand to stay flexible.
Jezik: The language between the SCI volunteers will be English. It's requested that you speak additionally either German or French. The participants of the camp Ökotopia will speak German, French or Italian.
Kvalifikacije: You should be interested in environmental topics and in working with children.
Beleške: The leisure time will be organized by SCI members. There are several options what to do in the leisure time: The lake of Nechâtel is close from the place, where the volunteers will be staying, so it's possible to take a swim or a walk in the evenings there. The nearest city is Neuchâtel, which is also close to the lake and has nice historic parts to see.