Fair of Solidarity Economy (VII FESC)
Description: Organized by XES (Catalonian Network of Solidarity Economy), the aim of this workcamp is to promote and teach about Solidarity Economy, an alternative, strongly cooperative, economy in service of people.
FESC is a fair that will commence its 7th year this year, and which aims to show, in a same space, a good number of business projects relying on economic values different from capitalism.
Type of Work: Volunteers will help in tasks related to preparations and logistics:
- Assembling and dismantling of stands and functional infrastructure.
- Preparation of materials.
- Distribution of promotional material during the FESC.
Work will be:
- 2 p.m. to 7 p.m. on October 22nd (Welcome).
- Visit to projects on October 23rd.
- 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. and from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. on days 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 and 29th.
- Closing session on October 30th.
Study Theme: There will be several moments of learning in the field:
- Welcome: There will be a brief introduction to the solidarity economy.
- Visit the emblematic projects of the Solidarity Economy in Barcelona for them to come forward.
Accommodation: Volunteers will sleep in a space with showers and kitchen. They will be responsibles of buying the food, cooking and cleaning.
Language: Catalan, Spanish and English.
Approximate Location: Barcelona, Catalunya.
Notes: In order to encourage contact and exchange, volunteers are expected to participate in outreach to thrilling projects linked to the XES and active in the ESS and the creation of the Social Market.