Bio gardening and social life
Description: Created in 2018, "Les Cultivateurs de Liens" is an association whose goals are :
- Producing food that respects the environment that goes beyond the criteria of organic farming
- To cultivate the social bond by opening the association to all in order to break the isolation, fight against the exclusion and the stigmatization of the precarious public,
- Design and experiment with different ways of culture with different inspirations
- Create a horizontal governance structure based on the principles of the cooperative
- Offer a place of relaxation with the participation in market gardening activities and transformation
Type of Work: Volunteers will participate in eco-gardening of vegetables and fruits. The tasks will be : Harvesting, weeding, planting, watering, pruning, mulching. Realization of the beautification of the site: decoration, signage. Help with the realization of a wind turbine. Realization of a biological pond. Saturday meal preparation.
Study Theme: Organic vegetable cultivation and aesthetic improvement of the site. The beneficiaries are the members of the association, biodiversity and the environment. The association aims to transmit environmentally friendly farming techniques with a workshop every Saturday.
Accommodation: Volunteers will be accommodated in the Emmaüs community next door. The community welcomes peoples with no home or legal papers, migrants and refugees, in exchange of them working for the community. So the volunteers will join a very multicultural group coming from all kind of social background. They will live in studios with 4 or 5 beds each, individual bathroom and toilets in each studio. The accommodation is really simple.
Language: English will be spoken during the camp, but some knowledge of french is more than welcome.
Requirements: Bring both warm and sunny clothes. Be prepare for the life in an intercultural community ! Be prepare for hard work!
Approximate Location: In Wambrechies close to Lille in the North of France