Support Youth Entrepreneurship
Description: Despite the employability programs put in place by the Togolese government to promote youth entrepreneurship, many of them still struggle to become self-reliant with their economic activities. Because they still lack the necessary knowledge for a good management of their companies. Conscious of this situation, the NGO ASTOVOT initiates for the second time the project of support to the entrepreneurship of the young people in order to give them necessary tools of management of their economic activities. It is about supporting micro-projects of young promoters by giving them adequate tools to better manage their activities and make them more profitable.
Type of Work: PROJECT ACTIVITIES
- Information and training of volunteers on the progress of the project;
- Census and selection of ten (10) micro-enterprises (field survey);
- Conducting organizational diagnostics for the ten (10) selected micro-enterprises;
- Analysis and reporting of diagnostic results;
- Organization of training workshops for young managers of selected micro-enterprises
- Monitoring and evaluation of the project
Study Theme: GOALS OF PROJECT
- List the micro-enterprises carried by young people in Kpalimé commune and select ten (10) who are in difficulty;
- Conduct studies of organizational diagnosis in selected companies;
- Restore the results of the diagnoses made;
- Organize an exchange workshop and presentation of tools for effective management of micro-enterprises in the presence of selected young entrepreneurs;
- Promote cultural and skills exchanges between participants and volunteers;
Accommodation: The volunteers will be housed together in the same house with several rooms (usually 2 to 4 rooms) and will live near the project site. Housing will be provided with plastic mats or straws but volunteers can however provide small inflatable mattresses or small floor mats (no bed), sleeping bag, mosquito nets etc. The kitchen will be organized by the volunteers themselves. FOOD
Volunteers will cook and eat together their meals. In the kitchen, they will use the local products. There are many various vegetables and fruits in location, so vegetarian and vegan diets can be continued.
Language: The languages of the workcamp are English and French. But it’s important to note that the exchanges in English are very basic.
Approximate Location: Located 120 km north of Lomé, the town of Kpalimé is the perfect place for nature lovers and hikers who want to go to discover beautiful mountain landscapes and tropical flora. Many natural waterfalls will allow you to cool off at the edge of the water. Kpalimé is also home to the most important handicraft center in the country where a large number of artists and artisans have settled. With around 101 088 inhabitants, Kpalimé is a tourist town in the Plateaux region. Being the headquarter of Kloto prefecture, Kpalimé has many facilities such as district hospitals, the post office,..
Notes: NB: Clean drinking water available.
Internet access and electricity are limited according to the areas of intervention of the projects.
HOBBIES Apart from the activities to be carried out on the building site, you can enjoy walks, meetings with the particularly welcoming population, organize parties and excursions to visit the surrounding villages.