Description: Specific objectives:
- Restoration of a degraded water mill at Rio Caima (and public presentation of work done to the local community);
- Participants will perform field tasks but also learn about nature conservation and engage in conservation-training activities, while getting to know the Portuguese fauna and flora;
- Litter gathering; cleaning walking trails; controlling invasive vegetation;
- Participants will also contribute to prevent forest fires by controlling shrubs and invasive vegetation.
Type of Work: - Restoration work of a degraded water mill (cleaning, stone washing, building the roof, etc);
- Vegetation trimming and removal;
- Litter gathering and cleaning of walking trails;
- Improvement of local fauna, flora, and landscape;
- Building nest-boxes for birds and bats;
- Planting trees;
- Encouragement of international exchange and exchange of experience;
- Presentation and discussion of the natural and social reality of the regions of origin of the participants;
- Promotion of environmentally and socially responsible attitudes and values;
- Development of action-training actions focused on individual and collective learning
Accommodation: Participants will sleep in a school of Albergaria-a-Velha, in shared rooms with beds. There will be several separated rooms for boys and for girls. The school has a sports locker room with hot water showers also separated by gender. The organization will provide breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Lunches and dinners are prepared/cooked by the municipality’s staff and served at a canteen, but some lunches will be served in the field (sandwiches, fruits, etc.).
Requirements: High sense of citizenship and environmental protection.
- Will to work for nature protection and improvement.
- Will to learn and share nature protection techniques and good practice.
- Language skills (English preferable, but also Portuguese, Spanish or French).
- Always be punctual.
- Always respect others’ opinions.
- Will to interact with local community.
Approximate Location: Albergaria-a-Velha