Lung Jaeng Garden Workcamp (Gardening and community life learning)
- Accommodation and food: 0.00 Thai Baht
- Transportation: 0.00 Thai Baht
- Activities: 0.00 Thai Baht
- Hosting organisation support: 8000 Thai Baht
Description: Kok Riang is the name of the village our organization office is situated in South Thailand. We are kindly hosted on the land of Lung Jaeng, a great life activist who also welcomes volunteers since 2013 through DaLaa to support his social and non-chemical garden 3 km away. Volunteers will mainly join gardening work with Lung Jaeng and will be included in our member activities.
Type of Work: Regular work involves nurturing vegetable plants and fruit trees, take care or chicken, compost making, collecting vegetables for our own consumption, growing seeds or nursing young plants, lots of weeding and watering too. The work may be physically hard or repetitive.
Accommodation: Volunteers will live with Lung Jaeng in the garden. Small huts are provided for volunteers. There is the new house of Lung Jaeng and a wood fire kitchen. Regards to the hut for volunteers, there is a thin mattress and mosquito net provided. You may need to bring your own soft mattress if you’re prone to backache or wouldn’t be able to sleep on a hard surfaces. The bathroom and toilet are separated.
Requirements: - Volunteers should be ready to put their hands in the dirt for gardening.
- Volunteers should be able to stay in a remote environment, without public transport, not expecting to go to a town or city often.
- Volunteers should be ready to adapt to the Thai, local way of life, and willing to create relationships with volunteers’ friends, hosts, and local people.
Approximate Location: 15/2 Moo 3, T. KokMuang A. Klong Hoy Khong Songkhla 90230 Thailand