Community Health Education
- Accommodation and food: 168.00 Euro
- Transportation: 52.00 Euro
- Activities: 0.00 Euro
- Hosting organisation support: 20 Euro
Description: The community members, mainly children, lack awareness of environmental and personal health. Kiburanga association initiated activities to increase the knowledge and practice of personal health (child education) as part of the community development plan. The volunteers will be asked to engage in these activities, by running small workshops and classes in schools and the community at large. Precondition will be to establish a good relation to the community members and the women to address different issues with the children on environmental health and personal hyghiene. Volunteers will need to bring strong motivation, creativity and sense of self-initiative.
Type of Work: The main activities will be
- Raising Awareness on the basic health issuss
- To plan a workshop on Mobile clinic treatment
- Home visits and cultural exchange with community members
- Organizing children activities
During the project, the volunteer will also be able to contribute to other activities running within our association, such as:
- Tree planting
- Awareness raising and education on FGM (female genital mutilation /girl cut), that is still practice in the community
- Impact on community development initiatives
- Gender equality and women empowerment activities
- Girl child education
Study Theme: Community Development, Cultural Exchange
Accommodation: The community will accommodate volunteers in a house provided by the local people.There are pit latrines, no running showers but bath-shelters for use will be provided and majority of homes have no electricity. We strongly advice volunteers to be flexible and easily adapt to the provision of other culture within the local environment and appreciate its uniqueness.
Volunteers will sleep on the floor (affordable mattresses can be purchased in the community or volunteers need to bring their own sleeping mattress along). There is access to clean water.
Approximate Location: Kuria region, Kenya