Intercultural Exchange Programme
- Accommodation and food: 125.00 Euro
- Transportation: 75.00 Euro
- Activities: 25.00 Euro
- Hosting organisation support: 25 Euro
Description: Service Civil International India is a peace and development organization. It has groups and branches in all metropolitan cities of India . The Tamilandu Group based in Chennai is organizing this 12 days programme. 21 Feb to 04 March 2024. On 20th an orientation will take place in Chennai. The next day onwards the volunteers will tour to different organizations who are working for the upliftment of the disabled, less fortunate children, women, rural and community development etc., All organiations located with in Tamilnadu. The programme ends by visiting a tribal development organization Trivandrum in Kerala state with an evaluation and campfire.
Type of Work: Visiting, observing, participating the various activities of organizations who work for orphans, HIV/AIDS. Child trafficking, disability, education,, environment, rural development, women empowerment programmes and tribal welfare. The volunteers will visit place after place to see the development work of the organization implementing to their community in different parts of Tamilnadu
Study Theme: The organizations are choosen in a way that no overlaping of activities. Volunteers will have ample opportunity to know / learn the condition of orphan children . their living conditions, food, education and their ambitions. The life of HIV/AIDS patients, their issues and facilities given by government / role of NGOs in preventing child traffciking / dissbility welfare programmes / their empowerment in educationf ield / natural farming, eco friendsly methods of agriculture and sustainable development / women skill development programmes / skill development / poverty aliviation / residential ps
Accommodation: It is a mobile programme. In each place the volunteers will stay with the organization for two day and move to another organization and stay and study their development activities . Out of 12 days of the duration volunteers will stay in 5 different organizations in five different places.
Language: Local Language : Tamil Camp language : English
Requirements: Mosquito net, pillow case and sleeping bag needed Working shoes, gloves, working dress, toiletries, pullovers, Torch, Umbrella music instruments, good humor.
Approximate Location: Chennai , Tamilnadu , India
Notes: 1. You are expected to be an active member of the group and contribute to work, housekeeping and free time activities.
- You are expected to work 5 hours per day five days a week on a voluntary basis.
- Your independence will be respected during the camp but the camp leader has the ultimate responsibility for your safety during the workcamp and they have to sort out the problems if you get lost or injured. If you want to do an activity independently of the group you must discuss it with the camp leaders and they must be fully aware of your plans.
- You should not spend the night away from the camp nor host other people at the work camp.
- You are expected to stay for the whole duration of the work camp. If you must leave early or arrive late you should contact us in advance.