Description: Sunderbans is the greatest biosphere of world, full of mangrove trees and rivers.
It’s a village community development center where a school is run by Human Wave (an NGO) also some community development activities are initiated around the area on health, education, cultural skill building and social awareness generations. Human Wave is working there for last 15 years mainly focusing promotion of education, community development, health and environmental awareness.
Type of Work: Building guard wall around primary school & camp; community hall. Generate awareness for Promotion of Bio-farming, vermin-culture farms, temple visits & Camp;
women milk cooperative, bio fencing, campus cleaning, visiting rural life and interaction with school students & Camp; youth, etc.
Study Theme: All the afternoons will be devoted for discussions on rural administrative and political system. The volunteers will have the chance to learn from one another's culture. An exposure visit will be organized to introduce the cultural heritage of Bengal for two days
Accommodation: The accommodation will be in the building itself with separated space for male and female will be provided during the work camp. You will sleep on the mattress on the floor & pillow will be provided. Sleeping is on the floor. Pls. bring your own sleeping bag, pillowcase, and mosquito net.
Volunteers should also share in washing and keeping the place clean.
Language: English, Hindi, Bengali
Requirements: Sleeping bag, hat, working gloves, clothes to work, / walking shoes, sun cream, towel, insect repellant, Camera, Music & instruments, Card games, sports equipment, toiletries (soap toothpaste etc), and medication if any. Things that is useful to engage local children (paints, pencils, colors, story booksetc) and information about your country (pictures/books).
Approximate Location: Sepaipara, Po. Konkondighi, P/S. Raidighi, Dist. 24 Paraganas (South), West Bengal
Notes: Conditions of Participation:
- You are expected to be an active member of the group and contribute to work, housekeeping and free time activities.
- You are expected to work 5 to 6 hours per day five days a week on a voluntary basis.
- Your independence will be respected during the camp but the camp leader has the ultimate responsibility for your safety during the work camp and they have to sort out the problems if you get lost or injured. If you want to do an activity independently of the group you must discuss it with the camp leaders and they must be fully aware of your plans.
- You should not spend the night away from the camp nor host other people at the work camp.
- You are expected to stay for the whole duration of the work camp. If you must leave early or arrive late y