- Accommodation and food: 0.00 Indonesian Rupiah
- Transportation: 0.00 Indonesian Rupiah
- Activities: 0.00 Indonesian Rupiah
- Hosting organisation support: 3700000 Indonesian Rupiah
Description: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf8dpSj9j-I Volunteering with kids living in the slum area in Pekalongan City. Pekalongan is 100 km from Semarang. It is about two hours by bus or one and a half-hour by train to the west. This project site consists of 2 different project areas with 2 different characters. Pasir Sari Pasir Sari is a slum area next to Pekalongan train station. The children in Pasirsari are interested in educational activities after school. There are approximately 10 until 50 children and the amount is changing at any time. The age of the children starts from 5 – 18 years old. Volunteering activity will be in a public learning centre in Pasirsari. Bugisan. Bugisan is a slum area on the Pekalongan river bank. There are around 10 children joining the activities daily.
Type of Work: 1. Organizing interesting-creative activities to motivate the children to keep continue their study or go back to school;
- Organizing various skill development activities, such as ( Painting, drawing,etc);
- Giving additional lesson to support children education, such as ( English lesson,etc)
- Raising awareness of children’s personal hygiene like washing hand, brushing teeth, etc. Note: 25 to 40 hours/week. Sometimes the volunteers are needed to support GREAT to do other voluntary action during the weekends.
Study Theme: The local culture of Pekalongan and Batik as the Pekalongan uniqueness.
Accommodation: Pekalongan volunteer house. Volunteers will stay in a shared house with other volunteers. The fridge is available. Volunteer must take care of their own meals and cover personal expenses. Wifi, Gas for cooking and water gallon is covered by donation from international volunteers and local volunteers (not covered by participation fee).
Language: English with other volunteers. Bahasa Indonesia and Javanese language with locals.
Requirements: Strong motivation and interest in non-formal learning methods for kids
Approximate Location: Pekalongan City, Central Java, Indonesia. Batik City rich of culture.