Garden of Tranquility (Clay houses renovation and School English teaching)
- Accommodation and food: 0.00 Thai Baht
- Transportation: 0.00 Thai Baht
- Activities: 8000.00 Thai Baht
- Hosting organisation support: 0 Thai Baht
Description: There are 3 people in the family, working on alternative education, coaching for self-awareness, women empowerment, and conflict resolution for over 15 years. We moved to live in a garden for the last 6 years and started to plant trees and build houses for volunteers, visitors and ourselves. We started to teach English at the local school a few times and see the needs for community development. We would like to promote alternative education, self-reliance and working with Thai and foreign volunteers to improve the life of the community and society.
Type of Work: ACTIVITIES
- Volunteers will work on an artistic clay building, plus repairing and painting clay houses.
- Volunteers will grow vegetables and plant trees, water them, make compost and develop the agricultural land.
- Activities and games with kids in the school.
Study Theme: AIMS of the PROJECT
- To support local kids and young people to become able to communicate with foreigners and to learn from cultural exchange
- To improve the self-awareness of kids and young people and provide a creative space to express themselves.
- To create an open space for organic farming, towards a self-reliant an ecological community
Accommodation: - We will take a turn cooking 3 meals a day, suitable for vegetarians.
- Volunteers will live in a small clay house.
- Mosquito nets, pillows, blankets and mattresses are provided.
- Good quality shared bathrooms and kitchen.
Language: English *Hosts can speak English fluently.
Requirements: - Volunteers should be interested in education for children, ready to lead a small group of kids on a chosen activity: English teaching, arts or others.
- Volunteers should be ready to adapt to the Thai, local way of life, and willing to create relationships with volunteers’ friends, hosts, and local people
Approximate Location: 105/ 4 Moo. 9 T. Khung Katien A.Muang, Ratchaburi, 70000, Thailand